It's all good.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I spy.

Today I celebrated the end of a most busy workweek by seeing Stranger than Fiction with Michelle. I wore my contacts to the movie theater, which is a big deal, because I can count on my hands the number of times I've worn them in public. I got them so I can be on stage and not have any glare, and with several concerts looming, I thought it was time to practice.

When I wear my contacts, I feel so odd. For one thing, everything looks bigger. I'm amazed at how huge my hands are. I've always insisted I have short, stubby fingers, because that's how they look when I have my glasses on. Turns out they're a little less stump-like and a little more normal-ish.

There's also the fact that when I look in the mirror, I don't recognize my face. I think I look ridiculous, and that I resemble my dad's side of the family. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but wearing my glasses seems to counteract my more manly facial features.

And at the moment, I'm seeing fuzzy halos around objects in my right eye. Plus my eyes are tired of focusing and everything is getting blurry. Methinks it's time to put my eyes to bed.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

A very pretty picture, Lou!

I don't like wearing my contacts because I feel very underdecorated, like my face is naked, and it drives me to wear more makeup. Not great.

 
At 11:42 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Yes! Naked! That's how I feel too! And I think that no one will recognize me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home