It's all good.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

In honour of Halloween, everyone in the office wore black to work today. This was a spontaneous happenstance - there were no furtive phone calls the night before to coordinate outfits. I wore my new black sweater layered over an orange-ish top and my magic pants. You know the ones I mean, they're "the pants that make everyone's bum look good".

My only problem with my magic pants is that they're too long and I'm too lazy/inept to hem them properly. This happens with a lot of my pairs of pants, so sometimes I improvise and hem them using tape, usually masking tape or packing tape. This technique works well with cotton material, but, as I discovered today, it does not work as well with the rayon/polyester/spandex magic pants.

You see, the tape only holds for a limited time, like, maybe 20 minutes. Then it gradually loses its stickiness, and your hems start to droop, and pretty soon you're walking on your pant legs. Applying a fresh layer of tape does not help, rather it adds to the tell-tale crinkly sound your pants make as you walk.

What's a girl to do? Well, if you're me, you strategically staple your hem in place and pray that people are too busy looking at your (hopefully) shapely bottom to notice your hemline.

And perhaps it's time to learn how to sew.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 a.m., Blogger Ash said...

I've had some luck using crazy glue

 
At 12:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok Lou, buy some black thread tomorrow sometime - I'm hemming the pants during tv Thursday.

But aren't those pants awesome?!

 
At 3:19 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Yes, I was going to offer that the next time you were on the Island to bring your pants. I did get a few free drinks out of it in Oz.
And my second day back at work this summer, guess who's pants I was hemming? (No, not Ashley's although I might have threatened before when she mentioned staples...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home