It's all good.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly.



I love this show. I love this show. I love this show.

Most of you probably do not remember Fame. It originally aired in the early 80's, when I was an impressionable wee girl. The show chronicles the lives of teenagers at a performing arts high school in New York. It's sort of a hybrid of Degrassi and Centre Stage, with more singing. It's the perflect blend of hokey storytelling and magnificent dance sequences. And singing! Did I mention the singing? Every episode there's a song and/or dance, featuring fantastically retro 80's music.

I used to own two Fame sweatsuits (yes. sweatsuits.): one purple and one navy blue. My longstanding fear of the witch from Wizard of Oz stems from watching the episode of Fame where Doris dreams she's Dorothy. My first ever crush was on Bruno - the dark-eyed, curly-haired keyboard player (and he could sing!). I wanted to go to the school and sing and dance and act all day.

No wonder I'm a theater nut.

4 Comments:

At 9:33 a.m., Blogger Ash said...

I wish there was a channel that shows Fame reruns, I love the movie but never got to see the tv show.

 
At 11:02 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

MuchMoreMusic, every weeknight at 6:00 pm and then at 11:00 pm!!!!!

 
At 11:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cow lynda!!! I love that show!!! I never watched it in the 80s but am TOTALLY watching it in the millennium!!!

~Maria

 
At 8:07 a.m., Blogger Ash said...

OMG how wonderful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home