It's all good.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Two steps forward, two steps back

After work today I had two goals - 1. go for a run and 2. make marinated pork tenderloin for supper. I ran into a little snag when I discovered that I was out of orange marmalade, a necessary ingredient for my marinade. I really wanted to get my run in before dark, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and run to the grocery store to pick up the marmalade.

The first flaw of this plan was that after running to the grocery store (a totally doable 25-min run), I then had to walk back to my apartment carrying a bag of groceries (I also picked up bread and cucumbers). The second flaw of the plan was I failed to consider the weather forecast, so I spent 45 minutes walking back to my apartment in the rain. Uphill.

Thankfully, my marmalade was intact, and my pork tenderloin was delicious. So what if I didn't get to eat until 8:00?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home