It's all good.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Squee! Skating on tv!!

It's been a long summer without skating. I know Skate America was last week, but for me, the skating season really starts with Skate Canada. Right now I'm watching the men's short program, and our own Vaughn Chipeur just laid down a personal best program with most excellent jumps. So exciting!

Earlier this evening I saw the original dance. I'm not the biggest fan of the tango as a dance rhythm, because it seems to produce melodramatic programs full of contorted facial expressions and wildly flailing arm movements. I really did enjoy the delightfully "gentle" tango of Dubreuil and Lauzon and the razor-sharp tango of Virtue and Moir, even if both pairs used the same song.

And, I can't believe Rod Black shaved off his moustache! What the heck? However, just when I thought the world was coming to an end, there was the obligatory "Elvis" love-fest of the telecast, followed shortly by the numerous obligatory Buttle/Sandhu references, with a few "Kurt Browning" and "Brian Orser" moments thrown in. So predictable, CTV/TSN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home