It's all good.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Great workers for the cause

After a fun-filled weekend of spending time with my mom and aunt, eating copious amounts of food (mmm... waffles), and relaxing in my apartment, I find myself swamped again at work. Really, it's my own fault, as I knew perfectly well that I left a stack of things to do on my desk on Friday. Did I think the work fairy was going to be there over the weekend and do everything for me? Perhaps.

Tomorrow evening I'm doing a presentation for some patients up on one of the units. This is quite fun, because I love to hear myself talk, I love to talk about ears (perhaps you've noticed), and it's a treat to leave my cave and venture into other parts of the hospital. Unfortunately, the computers were not working this afternoon at work, so I didn't have a chance to work on my powerpoint. Now, if I had been on the ball, I would have done the presentation a long time ago, since I've known about it for ages. However, that would be entirely contrary to my nature. Instead, I spent an hour this evening downloading a trial version of powerpoint onto my home computer and a further three hours making my presentation. How I expected to accomplish this at work today, I don't know.

To add to it all, the last two days at work have been super busy with unanticipated happenings, my grocery shopping woes continue (what kind of grocery store sells out of baby carrots?), and I have an excrutiatingly annoying paper cut on my right pinky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home