It's all good.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

There are pants, pants, all kinds of pants.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a hard time finding pants. Due to my short stature and perpetual lumpiness, it's tricky to get a good fit. I have been looking for months for suitable summer work pants. The ones I used to have either don't fit, or they're all worn out. The same goes with my winter work pants. It's quite a desperate situation, as I really only have two pairs of wearable work pants.

Two pairs of pants, and four to five work days per week. I get a break on Fridays because of casual day, but still - my current pants are working overtime. And I do a lot of laundry.

The thing is, there aren't whole lot of places to buy pants here. Plus, the summer has brought the return of the cropped pant, which looks ridiculous when I try a pair on. With the plethora of cropped pants, there is a paucity of regular pants. And there's only so many times you can go shopping in one week and see the same crappy non-fitting pairs of pants staring back at you.

And you know what else really grinds my gears? When you finally find a pair of pants that you want to try on, and they don't have your size. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyway, tonight I went shopping and tried on ten pairs of pants. One pair sort of fit, so I bought them. I lucked out as well, because they were missing a button, so the salesgirl took 10% off. Then I shortened them by hand, because I want to wear them tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't have thread that matched, and I don't really know how to hem pants. This resulted in random light grey dots along the bottom of the dark grey pant legs, but hopefully no one will notice.

So now I have three pairs of pants. Woot.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

Go to Montreal! Achete des pantalons! H&M!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home