It's all good.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The only cure is more musicals

My musical fever has returned. I find myself with the overwhelming desire to listen to nothing but showtunes. It's that time of year, you see. First there was Cinderella, then they're doing Les Miserables in Woodstock, then there's the Tony's, and then there's summer.

Last weekend on my drive home, I broke out my London cast recording of The Secret Garden. I've had the Broadway version forever (since the Rural did it one year), but I was super excited to pick up the London version when I was in London in February. It's remarkable music that has the ability to sweep you into the story. It was interesting to hear that some songs from the London CD had different lyrics and/or melodies than the Broadway version, so it was almost like listening to a different show.

I'd also like to say that I've had another Anne dream. This time, they tried to insert a Celtic dance into the middle of the show. All I can remember from the dream is Terry Hatty in a kilt. Perhaps it should be classified as a nightmare rather than a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home