It's all good.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The night of two suppers

Know what happens when you can't smell?

You burn your supper.

I was trying out a quick beef stew recipe I found in a magazine. It's all a part of week 2 of the apartment therapy plan ("cook a meal at home using a new recipe", or something to that effect). I even bought good steak, the kind you don't have to marinate. It went into the pot with beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Then I brought the mixture to a boil and covered it, just like the recipe said.

The recipe was wrong. Apparently boiling the crap out of my stew was the wrong thing to do, because I ended up with burnt stew. Burnt, inedible stew. Burnt, inedible stew and a charred pot.

If I had been able to smell the burning, maybe I could have salvaged some of the stew. Alas, I am still stuffed up from my cold (see: the hell that was last week), and I did not discover the burning until it was too late.

So my second supper of the evening was cheese and crackers. Not that I could taste them.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I feel the pain of the burned supper. I still shudder when I remember the night my fish sticks turned into ashes, although instead of cheese I had ice cream.

 
At 7:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home