It's all good.

Monday, May 22, 2006

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night.

Whose bright idea was it to put the season finale of 24 and the series finale of Alias in overlapping timeslots?

While it is highly tempting to watch Jack Bauer save the world yet again, I will be watching the convoluted saga of Sydney Bristow, Super Spy, come to a conclusion. I know I have already subjected you to my favourite Alias moments, so I won't go there again. And despite my recent grumblings on the subject, I'm going to miss my weekly dose of kick-butt spy action. I'm crossing my fingers that the show will be brought to a satisfactory end. Bringing back Sark was a good move, but if it ends with the death(s) of Sydney or Jack Bristow (Spy Daddy Extraordinaire) or Irina Derevko, I will be most seriously displeased. Anyone else is fair game.

Thank goodness I can PVR 24 in a later timeslot.

P.S. I promise my tv-related posts will decrease as soon as May sweeps are over.

6 Comments:

At 8:41 a.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Thanks for the title- I hadn't decided on which CD to listen to for my online lab reading, but Sound of Music it is! (Of COURSE I brought that to Australia with me!)
Now about that TV...anyone know how I can get Stanley Cup coverage here?!
And yes, I can read your blog again, after trying to avoid the Grey's references. Catherine's is still not allowed to be viewed though!!!

 
At 9:59 a.m., Blogger Ash said...

Do you get Sky TV(some kind of cable or satellite provider that I think covered cover both NZ and AUS)? If so you should get ESPN which aired most if not all of the playoffs while I was out there.

 
At 8:22 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

I live in res so the quote goes something like, 'No worries mate...only four channels'. As it is, I'm about to be written out of the will for supporting the Oilers, so perhaps I'll just go back to enjoying footy....

 
At 11:18 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Do they have Canadian-themed sports bars there?

Alternatively, you could always follow the score online. I'm sure there are websites that have live updates.

Glad to have you back on board, Laura!

 
At 4:24 a.m., Blogger mel said...

Oh. My. God. SO excited for tomorrow night. If I wasn't spending it at a friend's place who actually rivals us when it comes to love for JJ Abrams, I could totally see us duplicating our Oscar watching/MSN chatting ways. We will have to discuss after it all goes down.

Is it weird that watching Alias makes me miss you?

 
At 10:49 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

mel - we must talk.

Laura - on nhl.com you can listen to live radio coverage of the game. It seems to be slightly time-delayed, but it's better than nothing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home