It's all good.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

At last

Reason #247 to love the CBC: this afternoon they reaired their coverage of the men's free skate from the Olympics.

Some of you may remember my extreme angst in February when my PVR ran out of recording space during the first week of the Olympics. When the men's free skate was going on, I was in London watching Les Miserables. As a result, I totally missed Jeff Buttle's bronze medal performance, along with all the other skaters. I didn't even find out he won a medal until the plane ride home.

Some days after, I did manage to find a somewhat blurry version of his skate on youtube, and then I watched it on tv when CBC ran its "Medal Magic" program. It was enough to somewhat alleviate my anxiety, but I still longed to see the entire free skate (or as much as was shown on tv).

Today, I finally had a chance to see the whole men's free skate coverage. Well, actually I think I missed Emanuel Sandhu's meltdown (no biggie), and I only caught the tail end of Evan Lysacek's performance of a lifetime. But after that, it was like I was transported back to that night. I even got jittery waiting for the last guy to skate, thinking that he might knock Jeff off the podium. Happily, the results did not change, and Jeff still came third. Woot!

Thank you, CBC.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 a.m., Blogger LuLu said...

HA! Wednesday evening we were having a figure skating conversation- I don't know why, something about make-up and costumes...but I understand...and it was the one thing we DID watch during the Olympics (highlights of course with the rediculous time change over here!) but girls just can't take their off of the screen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home