It's all good.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Operation: Christmas tree

'Tis the night before my last Friday off before Christmas, and all through the apartment I can smell Christmas tree.

Let me just say that the last few weeks of my life have been consumed by choir concerts and rehearsals. This week I've had a bit of downtime, so I'm trying to fill it with some socializing before show week takes over on Saturday.

Did I mention that I have a singing solo in the Christmas show? And that I believe it will be the best thing I've ever done in my entire life? I am incredibly pumped about it. :) If you only see one Christmas show this year, come and see me.

After several attempts, I have finally managed to get a Christmas tree inside my apartment. The saga started last week when I went over to a friend's property to pick a real tree, only to find that he had no suitable trees within walking distance. Then on Monday I decided to buy one from a parking lot, however it was fracking cold, so the mission was canceled.

Tonight the stars were in alignment. Michelle and I went to the Superstore parking lot, where we were helped by a jolly gentlemen who was more than willing to find us a short and fat Christmas tree. He even sawed off the bottom with his super snazzy saw and let me keep the stump for my collection. And he had hearing aids!!

We also had our second annual viewing of the Lights of St. Mary's, aka "the Christmas light explosion of fun". Somehow it didn't seem as gloriously outrageous as last year, but there were some real winners. And the weather cooperated by giving us a fine dusting of snow on the ground. This year there was no tour bus to lead the way through the rows of houses, but we managed to find our way on our own.

And finally, it was time for the main event - smuggling the tree into my apartment undetected. I was the scout, and Michelle was the carrier. Piece of cake. We only left a few needles in the hall, which I quickly tidied up so that no evidence of our caper remained. Mission accomplished. Christmas may now commence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home