It's all good.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Walk Rage

First of all, let me say that I slept amazingly well last night, and I had a fantastically productive day at work. This type of day seems to be somewhat rare lately, so I feel the need to record it.

After supper tonight I went for a walk. For the past few weeks, I've been doing a one-hour loop up to UNB, down the hill, across the street to the walking trail, and then back up the hill to my apartment. Before setting out, I was dismayed to discover that both of my iPods were out of juice, so I had to venture out without musical accompaniment. Slightly boring, but soon I had some songs running in my head to make my walk passably pleasant.

And then, I ran into a snag - the slowish walker. There was this guy that got off at a bus stop and started walking ahead of me on the walking trail. By this point, I was walking at a brisk pace, feeling all sorts of lovely endorphins, and looking forward to powering up the hill. But this guy was holding me back! I was walking faster than he was, but not fast enough to pass him quickly and efficiently. It would have been a long, slow passing. Awkward!!

So I slowed myself down to a slower stride. It was painful, because he was heading in the exact same direction I was, and I didn't get to pass him until he turned off into his apartment building, which was only two buildings away from mine. So all the while, I was giving him the evil eye and muttering under my breath for walking so freaking slow. Grr.

However, in better news, I was also productive this evening at home! I cleaned! My apartment is clean!! For the first time in weeks!! And I updated my blog! Give me a shiny star. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home