It's all good.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I remember when rock was young...

One of my main goals today was to get tickets for Elton John.

I failed miserably.

I spent a solid half hour hitting the redial button on my phone every two seconds. Then I tapered down to every two minutes or so. Then every 10 minutes or so. Once in a while the line would actually ring, and I would find out that all the phone circuits were busy, but most of the time I just got a busy singnal.

While my right hand was using the phone, my left hand was hitting the refresh button on my web browser. Predictably, the box office's website couldn't handle all the traffic, and I couldn't get through.

I tried valiantly for two hours, but then I had to go out, so I had to give up. No Elton John for me. I'm disappointed, naturally, but I'll live. I'll have to make do with my memories of Elton in British Invasion...

4 Comments:

At 8:38 p.m., Blogger mel said...

I did the exact same thing (minus the internet) for Tragically Hip tickets in like, 1999. I did finally get through and the only tickets available were literally the farthest from the stage possible. It was sort of worth it. That is a bummer.

 
At 9:56 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

I don't think you failed miserably. You failed valiantly.

 
At 10:13 a.m., Blogger LuLu said...

And you can always hire Colin to give you a personal two hour Elton John revue.

 
At 4:00 a.m., Blogger 123 said...

The Alain Silberstein logo is seen on the face of the Replica Chanel Watches , on the strap, and on the clasp. sidsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home