It's all good.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pizza Bowl Sunday

Continuing my love affair/obsession with my 10 pound bag of potatoes, I decided to make potato pizza for supper this evening. Now, I wasn't sure how well this was going to turn out, so I made a regular pizza as well. So it was a showdown of sorts, to see which pizza would turn out to be the tastiest.

Aesthetically speaking, I thought they both looked pretty good before they went into the oven. In the foreground, we have Potato Pizza with thinly sliced potatoes and cooked onions on a pizza crust brushed with olive oil. Avec cheese on top, of course. And in the back, we have Normal Pizza with ground beef, ham, green and red peppers and onions. Mmm.

And they looked good coming out of the oven, too. Maybe a little brown and crispy, but that's really my oven's fault.

Now the true test - how did they taste? Well, Potato Pizza was a little bland, probably because I forgot to add the generous amount of salt and pepper recommended in the recipe I followed. Once I sprinkled some over top of the slice, it tasted way better. If I make it again, I would probably use a lot more onions, because, well, I love onions, and they made the pizza taste like a little like scalloped potatoes. Mmm, scalloped potatoes.

And, of course, Normal Pizza was delicious. I added some sugar to the dough recipe, and I think it really made a difference in the taste.

It's a close call, but I have to give the verdict to Normal Pizza, but I look forward to a second attempt at Potato Pizza. With salt and pepper this time.

Supper was a little late tonight, because I had yoga this afternoon, and had to thoroughly disinfect myself after class after rolling around on a less than clean yoga mat. Perhaps that's how I got sick this week?? Ew. Ew. Ew.

BTW, anyone else finding this year's Super Bowl a snorefest? Where are the touchdowns? Show me some offence!! I'm counting the minutes till Masterpiece Theatre, so I can escape once again into the world of Jane Austen...

4 Comments:

At 4:28 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

I wonder about a pesto base for the potato pizza sauce? I bought 3 potatoes from Fortino's last week and I am definitely inspired by your idea!

 
At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Pesto would probably be pretty tasty Laura! That does sound like a good idea!

 
At 6:51 p.m., Blogger Rosey said...

That does sound good! I like making pizza with pesto, chicken, mushrooms and cheese. Mmmm.

It doesn't use up any potatoes though...

 
At 9:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you charge a abundant way to appearance an alone that you care, again giving Louis Vuitton handbags Speedy backpack as a allowance would absolutely do the trick. You will be adage to that alone that they beggarly a lot to you. It will say a lot about what you anticipate of them to accept such a accomplished gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home