It's all good.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A return to the outdoors!

Congratulate me, everyone. Tonight I finally managed to get myself outside for a walk. I believe this is my first bit of physical activity for the new year, besides my yoga class. I had been telling myself that it's been so cold lately that a walk outside seemed foolhardy. But today was quite mild, so I had no excuse.

Once I got going, I had a really good walk. It was good to breathe fresh air and hear the crunch of snow/ice under my feet. I even managed to avoid any slipping and falling. I've had a lot of things on my mind lately, so it was good to be able think some stuff through outside the confines of my apartment.

When I got back home, I realized that I hadn't eaten any potatoes yet today, so I made some oven fries and steak for supper. I must say, I'm doing very well with the potato consumption. I think I'm about 5 pounds into the 10 pound bag. I've been looking into potato pizza recipes, so I might try something like that on the weekend. Anyone ever had potato pizza before?

3 Comments:

At 10:32 p.m., Blogger Rosey said...

Avoid slipping and falling! I can tell you it leads to bad things.

I've had potato pizza and it was tasty. Potatoes are also good when you slice them, brush them with a little butter, put salt and pepper on them, cover them with a little cheese, and then bake them in the oven. Mmmm potato slices.

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Did you make the potato pizza yourself?

 
At 11:30 a.m., Blogger Rosey said...

I didn't. I had it in a restaurant in Winnipeg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home