It's all good.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When you know the notes to sing...

So tonight at choir I couldn't sing a high D. Usually, that note is at the uppermost of my range, but I can normally muster a passable squawk. But tonight, I couldn't even get that, which made totally self-conscious of all the other notes I was singing, which made me paranoid that I wasn't singing in tune. And then, I started to not be able to sing a C. Ack! Talk about a crisis.

It really was too bad, since the piece we were singing is really beautiful, and all I wanted to do was sing it properly. Hopefully if I take care of my voice, I'll be better next week.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 p.m., Blogger Emily said...

Hey! I felt like I couldn't sing really high on Wednesday either... like I couldn't start high (but in warm ups I could hit it when we were building up to it), plus I don't like sitting in the front... but it's my own fault for being late haha and when I got home I found I couldn't talk very well either. maybe I'm getting a cold or there was something in that room. All I have to say is I hope we sing another song and not just the requium. I need a bit more variety! haha

 
At 11:49 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Emily, I did feel bad for you all the way at the front. Perhaps it was the room affecting our voices. And I certainly missed sitting beside you! And here's hoping Bjorn pulls out some more songs in the next few weeks. I still vote for "Tjuv"!!!

 
At 11:55 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

These Replica Omega may be purchased to accompaniment a accurate accouterments or actualize a audible look, but will rarely be a lifetime investment.Knowing advanced of time how abundant you are accommodating to absorb on your watch will advice you attenuated down your choices considerably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home