It's all good.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Not TV Thursday

Tonight I had rehearsal for the Christmas show. I was asked to be an understudy in a short scene, which is both terrifying and exciting. It's been a long while since I've acted in anything (Christmas 2003, actually), and it's not like I'm uber fantastic or anything, and the other people in the show are very talented and experienced and, well, it was a scary thing.

I only have to say five lines, and believe me, I have been running those five little snippets of dialogue in my head for about a week now. I'm not even sure if I'm actually performing in the show or not, but I am going to try my best not to mess up if I am.

The actual rehearsal went by rather quickly. I think it went okay. And of course, in my typical fashion, I have spent the last several hours reliving every minute of the rehearsal in my head, trying to figure out if I'm doing okay, and what I can improve for next time.

That means that while Michelle was helping me pick out a top for my staff Christmas party, I was replaying my blocking for the scene in my head. And while we sat through August Rush (a contrived, mostly predictable mess), I was trying to remember everyone else's dialogue, and figuring out how to keep myself in the moment at all times.

Jeepers, I could never do this full time. I would worry myself to death. And yet, even though my stomach is in knots right now, they're good knots, because I'm having a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Yay, I meant to ask about the exciting play news! Bah, I think it gets easier the more you do it (I know I couldn't diagnose ear problems all day without worrying if I was messing things up every little note I made!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home