It's all good.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas catastrophe

I came back from church this evening to discover a note from my supers under my door -

"Please note that there are no real Christmas trees permitted in the building. [...] Should you wish to have a tree, artificial trees are allowed."

I seriously almost feel as if my Christmas has been ruined. Just yesterday I was anticipating buying my tree from the Shriners in the parking lot of the Superstore and having it secured into the trunk of my car. I couldn't wait to saw off the bottom of the trunk and plunk the tree into my tree stand and try to keep it upright. And the smell of fresh tree is so delightful! And it's not like I'm going to get a chance to pick a tree for my mom's house, because I'm not going to be home until Christmas Eve.

This is very distressing. Yes, I know there are worse things to be upset about, but this is something that is very important to me.

What am I going to do?

6 Comments:

At 10:55 p.m., Blogger Emily said...

use evergreen air fresheners as ornaments? :)

 
At 9:25 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Nice try, Emily. ;)

 
At 4:17 p.m., Blogger Rosey said...

Poor Lynda! This would make me very upset too! My mom suggested not having stockings this year and there was almost a riot! Steve said he'd rather never have kids than give up stockings.

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

We had to compromise on the stockings last year to make it easier on Mom, chief gifter (and spender). It was actually a success on a few levels...

Why the tree ban? The mess? The fire hazard? Could you get some real boughs (less of a problem?) and have them in the house for the smell?

 
At 10:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so sneaking a tree into your building

 
At 12:01 a.m., Blogger 123 said...

A 18-carat accepted division Louis Vuitton scarves will generally retail at six hundred dollars or more, if purchased at a high-end appearance retailer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home