It's all good.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I remember.

I didn't wake up in time to get down to the Remembrance Day ceremony today. Instead, I watched it on tv. Afterwards, as I hurried to get to church. I was slowed considerably by the waves of rememberers leaving the ceremony. I was late.

I wasn't too sad to miss the ceremony, since I lost my poppy at the movies yesterday. Michelle lent me her poppy pin to compensate, but I still felt like a horrible person without one. And I don't know if you know this, but it's Very Hard to find a poppy the day before Remembrance Day. They seem to mysteriously disappear from their usual distribution locations. I've tried to be poppified appropriately in the last few weeks, but I must have let my guard down yesterday. It was my fourth poppy, too. And it's not like I don't appreciate Remembrance Day without one, but it makes me feel better to have a visual reminder. But, I did find one on the ground after church, so I'm taking very good care of it for the rest of the day.

And for all those of you who were waiting with bated breath to see if I got an acting part in my Christmas show - I didn't. And even though I knew I was wrong for the role I tried out for, and even though I knew I wasn't going to get a part, I feel utterly rejected and disappointed. Oh I'll get over it, but it's hard not to wallow in my failure for a while.

And for today's happy news: I'm making no-knead bread. It's a dead easy recipe: flour, yeast, salt, and water all mixed in a bowl. It has to rise for 12 to 18 hours, so it won't be ready until tomorrow (which is the 12th, BTW). Cross your fingers for me. I hope it turns out!

1 Comments:

At 3:00 p.m., Blogger Rosey said...

A little wallowing is neccessary in life. We can't be cheery all the time. And I definitely still think you're wonderful, acting role or not.

I went through two poppies, but four shows great committment indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home