It's all good.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Smartypants

Yes, people, I can be taught.

I forgot to mention that yesterday Michelle and I also went to Walmart, where I spent $50 on pop in various flavours and quantities. Some of it was for people back home, so I left a lot of the cases in the trunk of my car, where it could stay until I drive home for Christmas.

Tonight, I went to an acting audition for the Christmas show I'm in. I'm already in the choir, and that's quite enough for me, but I thought it might be fun to try out for an acting role, since I do enjoy it. Also, I feel that one of the benefits of watching certain shows multiple times is that it teaches you a lot about what works and doesn't work on stage, and I am eager to attempt it myself.

Anyway, I ended up sitting with my choir peeps for an agonizing 90 minutes before my name was called. We made feeble attempts at conversation to keep our nerves at bay. And of course, what's the first thing semi-strangers talk about?

"It's gonna be cold tonight."

"Yes, I heard that."

"Minus three, with a windchill of minus eight in the morning."

"Well, that's the end of Indian summer."

I didn't think much of it at the time, because I was trying to keep my hands from shaking with nervous energy. But once I was in the car on the way home, my brain began to work in mysterious ways....

There's pop in the trunk.

It's going to be cold tonight. Below freezing.

When canned pop freezes, it explodes. (I know this from experience)

So if I leave my pop in the car...

So I just finished lugging 72 cans and two 2-liter bottles of pop into my apartment. Now I'm giving myself a pat on the back and rewarding myself with pepsi and hot chocolate. Go me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home