It's all good.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Death of a Christmas tree

So I finally did it - I dismembered my Christmas tree. You might recall that this year's tree was a "secret tree", since my landlord decided to ban all real Christmas trees from the building. But Michelle and I managed to sneak this one in, and it went undetected by anyone. Or at least I think it did.

Anyway, the problem with a secret tree is that it's hard to get it out of the building. So I did the same thing I did a few years ago - I sawed off all the branches and split the trunk into four segments. Then I bundled it all up into garbage bags and stealthily got them into the garbage bin. And no one was the wiser. It took almost all of Saturday to get it done, but I did it, and now I don't have to think about it anymore.

And really, it was perfect timing for the operation, because just this afternoon the super knocked on my door to tell me about a fire drill tomorrow. I can only imagine if he had done that yesterday. As it was, I held my body protectively in the door opening to block the view of my apartment, just in case there may have been some spare needles strewn on the floor. There is no way he could have missed the eau de Christmas tree that lingered in the apartment all day yesterday. Phew!

1 Comments:

At 11:08 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

The durability of Abercrombie is guaranteed.With these three principal qualities and quite a few other features like type, style and decency on the Abercrombie Fitch Dresses work best doable pockets you may perhaps maintain within your winter wardrobe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home