It's all good.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Farewell, beloved Christmas tree!

Well, last week I took the decorations off. Today, it was finally time to get rid of my tree. The only thing was, I wasn't sure what to do with it. Last year, my super took my tree away for me. However, I wanted my tree gone Right Now, not when he had a chance to do it.

So I decided to chop the tree up into little pieces, disguise the pieces by hiding them in garbage bags, and throw them in the garbage bin. The upside of this was that I got to use my saw! The downside of this was that I now have tree needles all over my apartment.



Here you see the half-finished product. At this point, the branches were tucked away into the garbage bags, and all I had left was the trunk. I also had already gotten rid of most of the needles with my vaccum (not shown).

Since my current vacuum bag was full of needles, I headed to the mall to buy a new one. However, I couldn't find the right sized bags. Grr... By this time, it was past suppertime, and I was starving. I was convinced I needed pizza. So I stopped at a pizza place and got a 16 inch pizza and 12 inch garlic fingers, which is really enough to feed four people, and waaaay too much food for me. After two slices, I was done in. No more food-buying when I'm hungry.

So now I'm still trying to get rid of my tree needle collection. Meanwhile, my Downstairs Neighbor is having a party/gathering tonight. I can tell because I have been listening to a persistent thump-thump through the floor all night long, just loud enough to ruin my evening and make me wish I were at a party/gathering tonight instead of moping around here and wallowing.

Moo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home