It's all good.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Incompetence.

Today I decided to buy some winter tires for my car. There were some nice ones on sale at Canadian Tire. I called them up this morning, told them I wanted new tires, and made an appointment. I spent the rest of the day feeling very proud of myself for accomplishing this great feat.

When I got to Canadian Tire, I identified myself at the automotive service desk and informed them I was there for my 4:00 appointment. The attendant started to set up my service order. When he asked what kind of tires I wanted, I told him, "The Ones in the Flyer". Then he gave me a Look and told me I had better go to the auto parts section and make sure they had them in stock.

Off to the auto parts section, where another guy informed me that yes, they did have the tires, but they were on hold for someone with an appointment.

"But *I* have an appointment," I said. "Maybe they're mine."

He checked. They weren't.

"Ten days till we can get some in," he said.

So I took my raincheck and went back to the automotive service desk to tell buddy I wouldn't be needing my appointment after all.

Now, I ask you, when someone calls you and asks to buy new tires and gets an appointment to install new tires, do you think it's a good idea to check to see if the tires are in stock??

I am not impressed.

And I still need new tires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home