It's all good.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Today I committed bird murder and I had to touch my dad's ass. I get extra points for showing up at all.

"Grey's Anatomy" is on tonight. I remember watching the first episode on Easter Sunday 2005 with my sister in her hospital room. The show had good industry buzz, so we decided to give it a shot. Plus, she didn't want to watch the curling game on Sportsnet.

My initial reaction was lukewarm. Not as funny as "Scrubs", not as solidly entertaining as "ER", but somewhere in the middle. As the weeks went on, the show began to develop its own identity, and I became really attached to its characters.

Especially George.

Ah, George. Yes, I know he messed up his first surgery, but I think the open heart surgery in the elevator makes up for that. He's way too good for Meredith. I thought he would do well with nurse Olivia, until she gave him syphilis. Now I'm convinced he needs to wander through the hospital and find the Audiology department. I'm sure there's a nice audiologist for him there. There aren't enough audiologists on tv, really.

Sure, there are things that bother me about the show. Like how two male attending physicians have had romantic attachments to two female interns. Or how all the female interns seem to wear the same style long-sleeved shirt underneath their scrubs. Or how Dr. McDreamy's wife wears ugly salmon scrubs and won't move back to New York.

I think tonight's episode is a recap episode. If you haven't watched "Grey's" before, check it out.

If you're not watching "Grey's" tonight, go rent "Arrested Development". Then write Fox and tell them how much you like it, and would like them not to cancel it. Then write the other television networks and tell them how much you like "Arrested Development", and how they should pick up the show after Fox cancels it. Save our Bluths!!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just flew solo, George is my hero as well hes jsut so cute. I mean cough cough beer cheerleaders. I think its good that miss salom is staying there giving it a shoot "till death do us part" ring a bell? And don't all V squad doctors wear that colour? i'm pretty sure they do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home