It's all good.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ready to Run?

As some of you in my vast readership may know, I recently started running. You also may know that my sneakers were recently stolen from my car, along with some other precious items (like my new coat). I finally got a pair of new sneakers on sale from the Source for Sports, but once I got them home, I found they were slightly uncomfortable. So today I left work early and went to the Running Room, where the well-informed salesperson found a lovely, comfy, costly pair of sneakers for me.

So now I have two pairs of sneakers.

And I can't take the Source for Sports ones back, cause they were deeply discounted. I can only exhange them for credit. In Charlottetown. Where I do not live.

But I really like my Running Room ones. Even if they are orange.

Meanwhile, I went running today in sneaker-like shoes I bought at Payless a few years ago.

Here is my playlist I use when I run. Discuss amongst yourselves, if desired.

1. Reel & Roll - Rawlins Cross. A wonderful song, especially when sung by Joey Kitson. It's also exactly 5 minutes, the length of my warmup.

2. Fair Phylis I Saw Sitting - King Singers. A song my UNB choir sang last year. The lyrics are ridiculously engaging.

3. Ice Cream - Anne of Green Gables - The Musical. Is anything more delectable? I think not.

4. Bastarache - Barachois. I lurve me some Barachois. I was very late to join the Barachois bandwagon, but I lurve them just the same.

5. Solla Sollew - Suessical The Musical. The plot of this musical leaves a lot to be desired, but the music is fantastic. I want to go to Solla Sollew.

6. Movin' On Up - Theme Song to the Jeffersons. Being the tv junkie I am, this song is one of my favorite themes, and reminds me of my early years.

7. Make Your Own Kind of Music- Mama Cass Elliot. Yes, that's right, the only song in Canada Rocks that wasn't Canadian. MAPL that, Queen Elizabeth. Don't even get me started. That being said, it's a great song.

8. Overture - Suessical the Musical. Such happiness and energy, contained in a 58 second overture.

9. Lil' Jack Slade - Dixie Chicks. Proof that all country music does *not* suck, and that every song can be made better with banjo.

10. Celtic Alleluia. A song many Catholic churchgoers may recognize. Short, sweet, and appropriate for the approximate midpoint of my run.

11. Peter's Theme Music - Family Guy. Pure happiness again. Never fails to make me smile. I wish I had my own theme music.

12. Callin' Baton Rouge - Garth Brooks. More country and more banjo. Don't even try to diss Garth.

13. California Dreamin' - Mamas and Papas. Another great "Canadian" song. And it reminds me of a certain road trip to Moncton.....

14. Tomorrow - Annie. This is the version from the newest Disney incarnation, the one with Victor Garber. He's a super spy *and* he can sing. He doesn't sing this song, but that's okay.

15. Follow Me - Fraggle Rock. Some of you may know of my deep, deep love for Fraggle Rock. I played this song incessantly for a month my first year away in Halifax, much to the pleasure of my noisy upstairs neighbors, I am sure.

16. And the Glory of the Lord - Handel's Messiah. One of my favourite choir songs of all time, and possible one of my top 100 favorite songs of all time. Not top 10 or top 20, but right up there.

Alrighty, off to choir I go. Woot.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Well, I just told you I love this list, but now I shall post it for all the world to see! I made a running CD somewhere, long ago...must dig it up. The Celtic Alleluia might be my fave on there, just because it IS such a joyful song. Oh, and 'Movin' on Up' makes my day.

 
At 6:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realise you posted this like 8 months ago... but I wanted to see what your first blog was like and then I read your second one and I saw FAIR PHYLIS and I couldn't help but post and say how happy I am. and how I laughed. Awe... good times at UNB Choir. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home