It's all good.

Friday, January 06, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Intrigue abounds at this year's BMO 2006 Canadian Figure Skating Championships....

2004 Ladies champ Cynthia Phaneuf is out. Who will be Canada's #2 ladies skater at the Olympics? My guess whoever survives the traditional Canadian Ladies free skate splatfest.

Jeff Buttle has gone back to his "Samson and Delilah" free skate from two seasons ago, scrapping his tribute to Glenn Gould. He has not had much success with his new free skate on the competitive circuit this season. Shades of Sale and Pelletier's switch back to "Love Story" in 2002. And we all know how that turned out...

Who will be Canada's #2 dance team at the Olys? Venerable Skate Canada ambassadors Wing & Lowe, or up-and-coming youngsters Virtue and Moir? Do Dubreuil and Lauzon even have a chance at the Olympic podium now that Tanith Belbin's American citizenship came through and she and her partner Ben Agosto are going to the Olympics after all?

As for the pairs... well, it's not that exciting. But I will say that Valerie Marcoux looks *a lot* like my friend Amanda. So I hope she and her partner win.

Is it wrong to enjoy figure skating this much? As a follow-up, is it wrong to be scheduling nighttime activities during my family's trip to London so I can maximize my Olympic figure skating tv time?

4 Comments:

At 1:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never!!!

 
At 7:37 p.m., Blogger mel said...

It would take a lot to keep me in the hotel room watching tv if I was traipsing around England. Maybe you should just swing by Turin while you're in the neighbourhood?

 
At 9:12 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Maybe I'll use my VCR.

 
At 5:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or get someone back home to tape everything for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home