It's all good.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mainland weekend.

Some of you may have figured out that I decided to stay in Fredericton for the weekend. It was a really busy week this week, and I anticipate a busy period of activity for the next month or so, so I decided to take a little break and slow down. It's amazing what you can get done when you don't spend seven hours of your weekend driving.

Today I went to the market and waited at least half an hour for samosas, only to get to the front of the line and find that they had mostly veggie ones left. The samosa person pointed at a bowl and told me that there was a mystery mixture of flavours available - maybe meat-filled ones, maybe not. I took my chances and got five of them. I had one, and it was a hot chicken one. Now I'm afraid to eat the rest, because I'm sure they're all veggie. And I just can't cope with chickpeas. They're quite vile.

To console myself after my failed samosa mission, I bought some stir-fried noodles for lunch. They were tasty, but I have a sneaky suspicion they were terribly terribly unhealthy. Perhaps the salty chunks of squishy unidentified foodstuff that I found throughout the noodles led me to this conclusion.

But the day didn't stop there. In the afternoon, I finally had the chance to assemble a nightstand I had purchased ages ago. Whilst I was up to my elbows in Parts A through L, my local NDP candidate dropped by for some campaigning. I was glad to speak with her, since I haven't seen any of my candidates in person yet, and I know very little about any of them. Of course, I couldn't think of anything intelligent to say, but really, it was her job to impress me, and not the other way around.

Then it was off to Home Depot to buy a new lamp! I would be even more happy if the bulb the Home Depot guy picked out for me actually fit in the socket.

And then, I bought two end tables!! They were part of an end table/coffee table set I had seen at the furniture store where Michelle had got her futon. I was able to talk the guy into selling me the end tables separately from the coffee table. And they were preassembled.

And then, I went shopping with Michelle again (second time in as many nights). I got a pretty tea kettle and windshield wipers.

And now, I'm trying valiantly to adjust to my new furniture by not looking at it and pretending everything is the same. Seriously, change is so hard. Perhaps I'm just cranky because my throat is sore, and I feel slightly sick. On one hand, I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to try out my new sneakers tomorrow. On the other hand, a day of relaxation in front of the tv is mighty tempting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home