It's all good.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Samosas and Shopping

Today I went to the market with Diane and Leslie, two Dal speech students who are doing externships in town. Whenever someone talks about the market, they never fail to mention the samosas. For those of you who have also led sheltered lives like mine, a samosa is a triangular-shaped deep-fried pastry filled with meat or vegetables. Apparently they are to die for.

I tried one from the hospital cafeteria once and was unimpressed.

However, today I decided to take the plunge and buy samosas at the market.

Now I know.

So. Good.

It was the perfect combination of meat and pastry and deep-fried goodness.

Very tasty.

The triangle is my new favourite shape.

I also drove to Moncton (shopping mecca of New Brunswick) this afternoon for a little pre-trip purchasing. I was going to go tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain (25 millimeters. all day. rain. not snow.), so I went today instead. I ran into Sharon at the mall, which was super exciting and surprising! I didn't get a chance to see her over Christmas, so it was great to see her today. And I love her hair!

My shopping was actually quite successful, for once. My purchases included:

- new shoes (ones that don't have cracks in the soles)
- a black vest (to wear outside when it's too warm for my winter coat)
- a blue sweater from RW and Co. (a very happy shopping place)
- two t-shirts (everyone needs t-shirts)
- a white shirt (everyone should also have a nice white shirt)
- a neck pouch to carry my passport (now that I am somewhat of a crime magnet, I have to be careful)
- a bigger suitcase (I need more space for all this stuff)
- a bag of kettle corn from Kernels (every time I eat their popcorn, I hear "California Dreamin'" in my head...)

Tomorrow I'm going to try to plan some more for our trip. Six more sleeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home