It's all good.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Crisis averted

Today I am the proud renter of a PVR from Rogers Cable. Now I can record up to 50 hours of programming and pause live tv. How cool is that!

For example, right now I am watching 24 and updating my blog. My back is turned to the tv. If, perchance, I miss a crucial part of tonight's episode, I simply rewind tonight's show using my remote and catch up on what I missed. I can also record a tv show at the touch of a button.

Think of the possibilities!!

No more videotapes!

No more missing "Gilmore Girls"!

Up to 50 hours of the Olympics!!

The *only* reason I am renting this box is so I don't miss the Olympics. I'm returning it after a month. I mean it. Well, maybe I should keep it so I can keep track of the Scott Tournament of Hearts and the Brier. Then there's more skating in March... But after that, it's totally going back. Honest.

Now, back to "24". Who knew Keifer Sutherland was so cool?

P.S. On a totally unrelated note, the old woman who died last night on "Grey's Anatomy" (and how sad was that?) had a hearing aid. Woot for hearing aids on tv!

2 Comments:

At 1:45 a.m., Blogger mel said...

PVRs are awesome. They're way beyond my means, but my friend Rob has one, and I live vicariously through it. I've actually used it to watch episodes of the Gilmore Girls that I haven't been home for. Good call!

 
At 5:02 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

I'm very jealous. I spent - no kidding - ONE HOUR on my back behind my TV/VCR/DVD player last night trying to set it up to tape something. VCRs are for chumps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home