It's all good.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I can't believe I was laughing at Dumbledore

Last night, Rosey and Laura and I watched the movie musical Camelot. For those of you who haven't seen it, the movie follows the lusty adventures of Arthur the Crazy King, Jenny the Cunning Queen, and Lance the Cross-Eyed Arrogant "French" Guy. And if you haven't seen it, you're not missing that much.

The movie was very very very long, and there wasn't enough singing for my taste. We did spend a huge chunk of time laughing at the costumes ("tinfoil" suits of armour, anyone?) and dialogue. There were some pretty songs ("If Ever I Would Leave You", "I Loved You Once in Silence") and some campy songs ("C'est Moi", "The Lusty Month of May"). I'm glad I got the chance to see it, but I'm definitely not rushing out to buy the DVD to add to my collection.

And here's the kicker- Arthur was played by Richard Harris. Yes, that's right, Dumbledore from the first two Harry Potter movies. After I found that out, I felt really bad for laughing at him, cause you all know how I love Dumbledore. Still, as Arthur in this movie, he left a lot to be desired.

I also must add that it did not feel like a true Musical Night, because Mel was not there with us. It's a pretty long commute from Ottawa just for one night. The pre-movie phone call was great, but no substitute for the real thing.

Today I spent copious quantities of quality time with my family, which was really really good. My littlest brother and I watched "Arrested Development" and played hockey on his PS2 (he kicked my butt). My sister and I went shopping and got groceries. Tonight, I plan to drop in at the Centre to say hi to my peeps. Let the fun continue!

4 Comments:

At 10:40 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Oh, 'but I am at the golden age of seductibility'-what a quote! And can you have too much Richard Harris? Ian was watching the first Harry Potter when I got up this morning, and he has been redeemed in my eyes. He was such a good Dumbledore! (And we'll save Cinderella for Mel in the summer)

 
At 10:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Mel, we definitely missed you. Your gift for sarcastic commentary would have been able to shine during that movie. I still think Lancelot sounded like the Spanish guy in The Princess Bride. And how ironic is it that Vanessa Redgrave left her husband for him?

 
At 9:42 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Laura, I had totally forgotten about "the golden age of seductibility"! Classic.

 
At 1:44 a.m., Blogger mel said...

you guys are too effing cute. I wish I could have been there like you wouldn't believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home