It's all good.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Warning: this blog has been temporarily hijacked by someone who leads an interesting life.

I spent the evening at The Playhouse, enjoying TNB's latest offering, I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change. It's a musical comedy chronicling the ups and downs of relationships between men and women.

Since moving to the New Centre of the Universe, I've seen quite a few TNB productions. My reaction to the first three productions last year was lukewarm, so I have given subsequent TNB shows a miss, until now. I will say that at times they have made inspired casting decisions. The word "inspired" here means "actors who have been in the Charlottetown Festival". Who could forget Patrick Cook's performance as young Jimmy in "The Chairmaker"? Not me, cause I watched it three times,

Yes, I *paid* to see it three times. Silly girl.

Anyway, I did enjoy tonight's show, which featured another "inspired" casting choice, in the form of Jamie McKnight, aka "Gilbert - 2001" in that show I like so much. You know the one I mean.

A full review of ILYYPNC will follow.

I also have significant plans in PEI this weekend, including a viewing of Cinderella with Rosey and Laura. This means I will not have to spend the weekend contemplating which part of my apartment needs to be decluttered.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to A) watch Cinderella, B) discuss Jamie McKnight, and C) see you, of course!

 
At 8:34 a.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Hehe, I agree! And I was going to say, it's not silly to pay for TNB, when you can always get into Confed for free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home