It's all good.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year... (aka School again! School again! School again!)

I don't know about everyone else out there, but I love the start of the school year. How I would love to buy some school supplies or textbooks right now. I would love to be able to register for classes and organize my schedule. Alas, I'm going to have to settle for signing up for choir and living vicariously through the back-to-school experiences of my friends and family members.

I did get to have a little taste of back-to-school happiness this weekend. First up, Catherine came to visit while she was attending a strawbaling workshop. For those of you who don't know, strawbaling is the wave of the future when it comes to home construction. I went with Catherine to an information session on Friday evening, and we sat on actual straw bales in our makeshift "classroom" inside the frame of a soon-to-be built house. It's a really really interesting subject, and I'm so happy that Catherine got to learn more about it all weekend. And, it was fabulous to spend some time with her in the evenings after she was done of her learnin' for the day. I do so enjoy entertaining at my apartment.

On Saturday, I had lots of fun with Michelle and her parents. We went to The Market in the morning, where I bought a piece of chocolate truffle. Then we spent most of the afternoon helping Michelle settle in to her new digs. One of the big projects was buying (and assembling) a futon. I was glad to offer my help in that area, because after my couch search, I think I have a pretty strong feel for the furniture stores of Fredericton. Also, her dad has me convinced that I must buy compact fluorescent bulbs for all my lighting fixtures.

And what's back-to-school without a little shopping? Tonight, I witnessed the legendary shopping karma of Michelle. I had heard about her prowess, but this was the first time I had experienced it for myself. Thanks to her, I came home from the mall with two pairs of pants, two tops, a camisole, a necklace, and a jacket (whee!!). I cannot wait to go to work tomorrow. It's going to be busy as heck, but I am going to look pretty darn spiffy.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel the power that is shopping with Michelle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home