It's all good.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Accentuate the positive

Well wonder of wonders. Not only was today a very good hair day, but my wardrobe choices also made me feel very very spiffy. The hair was sans frizz and excessive poofiness, and my new v-neck sweater drew many compliments.

And, there was new tv on tonight. Not just reality summer filler, but actual tv. I'm such a sucker for tv in September, because of all the season and series premieres. I'm trying really hard not to watch too much tv, because I decided that it's more fun to live my life than watch imaginary people live theirs. So, I'm trying to limit myself to one hour of planned/can't miss watching per night. Except Thursdays (ER and Grey's). However, I consider September to be an audition season of sorts, where I can try out as many shows as I want in order to find the perfect match.

Tonight I watched Bones and Justice. I caught the season finale of Bones last year, and I was intrigued by the lead character's backstory, which took center stage during the episode. Plus, EW says that David Boreanaz has "morphed into a glorious cross between Dean Martin and George Clooney". What's not to like about that? Plus, there's something oh-so-familiar about a show with a wisecracking crime-solving male lead and a deadpan forensics-loving female lead who have an underlying attraction to one another. Throw in some alien abduction and government conspiracy, and I'm so there.

Justice comes from executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer. It's a slick and flashy lawyer show. Now I have proof that Jack Bristow wasn't really dead. He's just posing as a hot-shot lawyer in Los Angeles. You know who else works at his law firm? Jack from Dawson's Creek. It's Jack and Jack, SuperLawyers! It's a little jarring to see SpyDaddy in a courtroom, but I sorta got sucked into the show. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home