It's all good.

Monday, August 28, 2006

As well as can be expected

*Sigh.*

My life is a perfect graveyard of broken hopes.

That's a sentence I heard in a play once or twice (or maybe hundreds of times), and I say it to myself whenever I'm disappointed in anything.

So the couch arrived on Friday, bearing a small yellow stain on the back. Not to mention the fact that it (the couch) is hideously ugly. The fabric on it is bent every which way, making it look like it's two-toned instead of one solid colour. Why I didn't notice this flaw in the showroom or during one of the numerous times I have slept on my mom's couch, I don't know. And the couch is non-returnable. I called Leon's about the stain and the fabric, and they're supposed to have their "stain-expert" call me this week.

I spent Saturday helping my littlest brother (future megastar) get ready to move away to school. Then on Sunday I went over to Antigonish to help him settle in. And while I'm so happy and proud that he's following his dreams, I'm also going to miss him like crazy, so my time with him was bittersweet.

The weekend wasn't all doom and gloom, however. I made a brief appearance at the lovely Box Office party on Saturday evening. On Sunday evening, I made it back to the Island on time to brush off my very rusty FOH skills and work on Aisle 2 (with Rosey!) for the Maud concert. I wore my sparkly skirt. Unfortunately, I was afflicted with severe melancholy for most of the evening, so I was not the best of company.

I had the day off today, so my sister and I watched some Gilmore Girls and did a little retail therapy. I bought a new bag for work, and it's pretty snazzy.

On the bright side, I plan to spend the upcoming weekend welcoming Michelle to the super-exciting city of Fredericton, and playing host to Catherine as she learns about strawbaling. There is also a visit to Halifax in the works, so don't worry, hopefully I shan't be too sad for too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home