It's all good.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

"Live from Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip..."

So, I just watched the pilot episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and it was freaking awesome. Mostly stellar writing, fantastic cast, great production values - this is what tv is supposed to be like. I won't spoil it too much, because I don't think it's aired yet in most time zones. I was such a fan of Aaron Sorkin's Sports Night, and I really want this new show to do well. It will fit nicely in my Sunday night tv viewing.

This is my favourite new commercial. I don't even like mini wheats, but I really dig the song.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm off to enjoy The Amazing Race. Huzzah for tv!!!

9 Comments:

At 9:08 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

I also loved Studio 60, although the title has got to go. Jackie and I have decided to call it "The Matthew Perry Show."

I'm excited that it might be something really good. Let's see how 30 Rock turns out, now.

And I didn't follow the link because I think I know what's on the other side - that awkward and weak vanilla jingle? Yeah, I SHUT OFF the TV or CHANGE THE CHANNEL when that thing comes on. It's awful, Lou!

 
At 10:57 a.m., Blogger mel said...

God I miss prime time television. I was so excited yesterday when I got to go home in time for the Family Guy. I have class during Grey's and a weekly meeting during Lost this fall. WTF???

 
At 12:03 p.m., Blogger Rosey said...

Lynda! How can you enjoy that commercial?! That songs gets stuck in my head and won't go away no matter what I do. And who would eat Mini-Wheats when they could have good, good, whole wheat Shreddies?

 
At 10:34 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

"Mini wheats, wheats, wheats..."

How can you not like this commercial? And the characters dance! C'mon!! Choreographed song AND dance!

 
At 10:34 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Poor mel! Better warm up your VCR this fall! Or switch classes...

 
At 10:44 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

The only thing about calling it "The Matthew Perry Show" is that I don't want people to flock to it because he's in it. I found it was almost distracting to have him in the pilot. He grew on me throughout the episode though.

 
At 12:05 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah, it looks like Matt Perry will be able to walk away from his Chandler shackles. He was funny and horrible on this show. I liked it. Could he BE more funny?

 
At 3:47 p.m., Blogger mel said...

I loved the commercial too Lou. You are not alone. And I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about the scheduling. :( I'll be taking advantage of my friend's PVR a lot though.

 
At 12:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case your wondering the song is
"Agadou" by Patrick Zabe. quite old 1970's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home