It's all good.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Notable happenings.

Why am I not surprised that drivers in Woodstock do not know what a flashing red light means? As I was leaving work today, two of the three traffic lights in town were flashing red in all directions. Instead of treating the intersections as four-way stops, people were just zooming through unhindered. One guy even sped up to go through the intersection! I guess I should have expected as much, given that this is a town where the use of turn signals is optional and drivers will yield for any pedestrian who even looks like he's thinking about crossing the road.

Speaking of driving incidents, yesterday, while I was walking on the sidewalk up a steep hill, I watched two teenage girls precariously descending the same hill. On skateboards. On the road. With cars on their heels. The girl in front kept sending words of encouragement over her shoulder ("you're doin' it! woohoo!"). The girl in back looked a little wobbly. Sure enough, as soon as they passed me, I heard brakes squealing. I turned around to see the girl crumpled in the middle of the road, as her skateboard kept rolling down the hill. Thankfully, she seem relatively okay, and was able to make her way to the side of the road to walk the rest of the way down the hill.

Tonight I went to see Lutz, a play that's part of the NotaBle Acts theatre festival. A review will be forthcoming. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home