It's all good.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The last two years

It's been two whole years that I've been working in Fredericton. I definitely remember being so nervous on my first day at work. I had only moved to the city two days prior, after a lovely and heartfelt farewell from my friends in Charlottetown. My family life was still in turmoil. I knew no one at all in the city. I was apprehensive about working in a hospital setting, because my experience testing children was limited. My apartment was full of unpacked boxes. Did I mention that I was alone in the city?

Today I definitely feel a little more settled, although I'm still internally debating my long-term plans for staying here. My job is definitely rewarding and only occasionally frustrating. It takes me a while to make firm connections with people, and I'm still struggling to do that here. I consider myself to be shy and introverted, so it's hard for me to reach out sometimes. Sometimes I try to picture myself five years down the road, and things look pretty foggy and uncertain. Who knows what will happen?

2 Comments:

At 7:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Linda,

It's a good thing you joined the choir... otherwise we would have NEVER met and all would not be right in the world :)... maybe.

 
At 10:04 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Oh Emily,

I think I've said this before. I've said this before...

You rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home