It's all good.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Somwhere over the rainbow...

Friday afternoon I was zipping along the highway towards home, enjoying some afternoon CBC radio and trying not to tailgate all the slow drivers. All of a sudden, the sky filled with ominous dark clouds, and it began to rain. Then the lady on the radio said that Environment Canada had issued a tornado warning for Moncton and southeast NB - aka my current location.

Tornado.

My mind began to race as I struggled to remember some sort of useful information about tornadoes that would help save my life.

Let's see -

Wizard of Oz - Dorothy gets swept off to Oz. Not helpful.

Where the Heart Is - you know, that one about the Walmart baby with Natalie Portman. There's a tornado in that one, and they all go to the cellar. There are no cellars on the highway.

Twister - A movie that has been in our house for years and years. I have never seen it.

At this point, it was raining really hard, and I was dividing my time between trying to see the road and doing a quick gaze to the left and right for funnel clouds. The only other tidbit about tornadoes I could remember was to stand in a doorway. Also not helpful. In the end, I decided the best thing was to keep driving away from the storm. Eventually, the sky cleared, I was out of danger, and I continued zipping along my way home.

Phew.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Tuco said...

So I did a search for the phrase "CBC Radio" on blogger and yours was one of the first blogs that came up. I wonder if CBC Radio is one of the things that actually ties Canadians across the country together? (I'm in Ontario).
Anyway, nice (wacky!) blog! Check mine out if you get a chance.
http://tucorides.blogspot.com

Take care!

 
At 8:59 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Great story Lynda! We were talking about The Wizard of Oz in the theatre the other day...something about striped socks?!
But you know I'm waiting for the one about our favourite handy hardware store...

 
At 11:11 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Well Laura, the continuing saga of Lynda vs. Canadian Tire will have to wait until my brain is no longer addled by excessive heat. Maybe sometime this week...

 
At 2:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home