It's all good.

Monday, July 03, 2006

"And he can lift anything - anything at all. He's that strong."

Ahh, Superman. Another part of our Canadian heritage.

My brother and I went to see Superman Returns this afternoon. It was time well spent. It was a solid superhero movie viewing experience. My memories of the original Superman movies are vague, and I've never really been into the comics, although I was a fan of "Lois and Clark" (please don't shoot me). This movie met my expectations. It had John Williams' theme at the beginning, it showed bits of Marlon Brando, Brandon Routh's Superman was great, and I wasn't bored. Plus, the movie had Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey.

Would I recommend it? Yes.

Would I see it again? Yes.

Would I rent it? Yes.

Is it DVD-worthy? Almost. (actually, I don't think I would buy it, but I didn't want to be that negative, so I went with the wishy-washy "almost".)

After spending another four fabulous days of leisure, it's back to the real world again tomorrow. This grown-up job stuff can be a pain sometimes. I was going to post some pictures from the weekend tonight, but the computer is being fussy, and I don't want to press my luck. Perhaps tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

And he can lift anything - anything at all. He's that strong.

Joe Shuster will you stop it or you'll miss your train, now help me find number 5.

Strong, but by day he's a mild mannered reporter. Glasses, you know a secret identity.

Honestly, you Canadian Kids.

He'd be in this cape.

A what?

A cape, wearing these Blue tights.

A hero in tights, really. Here it is.

(All Aboard)

Listen Lois, this guy is faster than anything I swear.

If you're not fast you're going to miss your train.

That's it, a bullet, a bullet he's faster y'know faster than a speading bullet.

Come one get on it. No ones going to read a comic strip about a strong man in tights Joe, it'll never fly.

Fly I know, but he can leap over tall buildings. OH wow.

See what your cousin Frank says in Toronto.

Oh wait wait Lois, I've got something for you. Take it, it's a gift. You never know, it might be worth something someday - Is he great or what? Good bye Lois.


-----
This is for you Lynda... it took me awhile to remember all the words. I have to admit I cheated a little.

I hope life's treating you well. I'm doing pretty good.. keeping up with getting ready for Swansea next year (I can't wait!)

Talk to you later!

Emily

 
At 11:12 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Emily, you made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home