It's all good.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pomp, circumstance, and cheese

Friday night I managed to take in two important events: my brother's high school graduation, and the opening night party for Canada Rocks. I even wore a skirt to mark the occasions.


Picture this: sitting for over two hours on bleachers with no back support. The people behind us seemed to take great delight in giving a running commentary on all the occupants of the Field House. 297 graduates. I think it took an hour just for them to all get their diplomas, not to mention the awards. Plus, there was a girl five people over from me who was wearing my shirt. However, I thought it was important to mark the departure of our family from the public school system. There has been one of us in school every year since 1983. And I'm very proud of my brother, of course. He's the one in the red.

After a quick visit with my brother, a brief chat with Rosey, and some sweets, I headed out the the Centre to spend time with my peeps. And to eat, of course. There were lots of fine goodies there, like cheese and veggies and mini jelly rolls and steak in a bun. There was also some fine company to be had. And, I got to go for a ride in the posh new elevator. It goes to three different levels!


check out the elevator floor!

this is for Kelly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home