It's all good.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The depths of despair

It was a bittersweet opening of the Festival for me.

On the one hand, I finally got to see Anne. I spent a good half hour today reciting lines from the show (I'm pretty good at playing all the characters). I was in the Anne Zone. My Anne-Bubble of Happiness was near its peak diameter. My sincere apologies to anyone who tried to talk to me tonight, because my thoughts were totally preoccupied with the show.

I'm not going into too much detail re: the show at the moment, because it was only a preview. Final judgement comes after Saturday. However, I will say that I was very happy with most changes. It's amazing how casting new actors in four main roles can revitalize a show.

On the downside of things, I was eagerly anticipating seeing the show with Rosey tonight. However, the show was totally packed, and there was room for one to squeeze in, but not two. I am eternally grateful to her for giving me the okay to go in by myself, but it really wasn't the same without her there. It was quite bitterly disappointing, actually. Also, even though Mel called after the show to get the lowdown on things, it would have been way better if she had been there, too. I was really happy to see all my other Centre "peeps", though. And a post-show Pepsi at Mavor's with Catherine was very enjoyable.

And the Oilers lost. Let's not even go there.

2 Comments:

At 4:14 a.m., Blogger mel said...

Oh man. Words cannot express how great it was to talk to you guys tonight. I'm so psyched to see the show in 13(!!!) days, and more importantly, you guys (!!!!!!!). I was extra happy to have the chance to get the real low down on the new show from such an expert. Hopefully, we'll have the chance to watch it together when I'm back in the AST.

 
At 8:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou, you cannot seriously think that I would make you miss the first Anne just because there was only space for one chair on Aisle 2! I knew who that seat needed to be filled by. Believe me, the look on your face when Tony said there was no room was probably one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time. I'm really glad you got in and I can't wait to hear your opinions on all the changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home