It's all good.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

On the lonely barricade at dawn

Dammit.

I don't know why I do this to myself. Some of you may remember my phase of troubled melancholy in March. Well, it has happened again. Letting my guard down in front of the wrong people is not healthy or productive. Walls can be a good thing sometimes. Especially at work.

I feel much better after pounding my feet on the sidewalks for a while, but I am still troubled. One more day until vacation.

7.5 hours of work. I can make it.

On a possibly brighter note, I had a doozy of an Anne dream last night. It was opening night, and the guests were all gawking over the new elevator, which was placed for some reason under the Aisle 2 stairs. I wasn't working, but I was sitting at the back of the theater, trying to catch a glimpse of the new Anne. Just then, two latecomers came into the theater. All the FOHers were frozen, so I started to show them down to their row in the dark, sans flashlight. The man was having trouble walking, so I reached out to take his arm to help him. Then his wife hissed at me, "You are NOT allowed to touch him." I took great offence to this, and stormed out of the theater. Apparently they made a big fuss after I went to the lobby, because all of a sudden the big brown doors opened and everyone started to leave. I was trying to explain my side of the story to whoever would listen, and all of a sudden my voice got very loud and everyone stopped in their tracks to hear me rant about the injustice of the situation. Then I woke up.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 p.m., Blogger Terry said...

Thanks boo, as if I didn't have enough to worry about regarding opening nights! ha ha. Strangely,the first part may come sort of true at least for Anne preview cuz it might be Tuesday before it's up. Very exciting regardless.

I watched most of the NEW CANADA ROCKS rehearsal last night. Very good things I did see. A few of the inevitable issues, but I have confidence that they will be corrected sooner rather than later. Very exciting times! miss you...

terry, scooter and george

 

Post a Comment

<< Home