It's all good.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Open book

Generally, I don't talk a lot about my feelings. This arrangement works just fine with me - if I don't have to think about things, then they don't bother me. I am, after all, quite shy about things like that, and I have (and who doesn't, really) a certain fear of rejection lurking within me. However, ask the right questions at the right time, and I will spill my soul quite readily.

Recent events have left certain feelings bubbling towards the surface, and today at lunch, I had a deep conversation about my life with one of my coworkers. I vocalized certain things that I haven't thought about in a long time.

And I'm not sure that was the greatest idea. The problem with sharing your "secrets" with someone is you don't know what they are going to do with that information. You don't know how it will affect their perception of you. If that person is someone you trust, it shouldn't be much of an issue. But if you don't have 100% confidence in that person... well, this could have been a huge mistake.

See, the thing is, I hate to lie. If you ask me a question, I will answer honestly. Plus, sometimes, you just want to say things out loud, so that *someone* will listen to you. An endless inner monologue just doesn't cut it sometimes.

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time tucking my feelings back deep inside me, where they belong. I might not let them back out for a while.

4 Comments:

At 3:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUG :)

 
At 4:33 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

Lou,
Don't worry so much about talking to people about your thoughts and opinions. And if you don't think the people around you are up to the challenge, you have tons of us friends that are willing to lend ears.
Another HUG.

 
At 11:01 p.m., Blogger Terry said...

Group hug!

Yes, Lynda there are many loyal friends here who would immediately activate their cones of silence for you.

Don't make me send Scooter over there!

Ter xo

 
At 11:24 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home