It's all good.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Home again

Let me just say that flex days are one of the greatest inventions ever. Having two Fridays off a month is totally worth working 8.75 hours a day every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Who doesn't like a three-day weekend?

A large portion of this morning was spent sleeping in (the best part about weekends). Then I got up, puttered around, and went back to sleep. Then I got up for real, packed my suitcase, and hopped into my car to drive home.

As I was driving to Moncton, I heard on the radio that there was some sort of armed standoff going on downtown. Briefly, I contemplated taking a detour into the city just to see what a real-live armed standoff looks like. Happily, my sensible side prevailed and I limited my time in Moncton to a pitstop at the Petro-Can to buy gas and Pepsi.

Then, when I was about 20 minutes past Moncton, I heard on the radio that Russ Howard and "his" Olympic gold medal curling team were parading down Main Street in Moncton and accepting well-wishers at City Hall. I almost turned around. Seriously. Gold medals! Curling! Moncton!

Anyways, now I'm at my mom's house for the weekend and looking forward to seeing people this weekend for some actual face-to-face human contact. What a concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home