It's all good.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Today, I love Wal-Mart.

For those of you who have visited me, you know I don't have a proper table and chairs. I eat my meals on my couch, or in front of the computer. I'm quite picky about the kind of table and chairs I want, so that's why it has taken so long to find the right set.

Last September, I thought I had found the right set. It was at Wal-Mart, of all places. Just the right colour of "wood", simple lines, and straight-backed chairs. Reasonably priced. However, when I went to buy it, it was not in stock. I kept checking back, week after week, to no avail. Meanwhile, I kept making the rounds of the local furniture stores, rejecting all possible candidates. I looked online, and I even comtemplated a road trip to the IKEA in Montreal.

Tonight, I found my table and chairs again at Wal-Mart. I bought them. They are even going to deliver them for me. Who knew Wal-Mart delivered?

So, tonight or tomorrow, I will have my table and chairs. I will be able to invite people over and cook them supper and serve it properly. This can only make my apartment more attractive for visitors.

My next home project: curtains.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone else heard that Heidi Ford will be playing Josie in "Anne and Gilbert" at the Jubilee this summer? What a coup for Duncan!!

 
At 10:56 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

This is definitely news to me! I am totally out of the loop with these things! Very interesting, considering she once played Josie at the Charlottetown Festival (who else remembers the blonde pigtails?).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home