It's all good.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Pancake Day!

Pancake Day (aka Shrove Tuesday) just sprung up on me this year. I was unprepared. For breakfast, I had my usual granola bars. For lunch, we had a meeting with a rep, so we had pizza. For supper, I had leftover chicken casserole. Not a pancake in sight.

This happenstance is most unfortunate, as I do love pancakes. So fluffy and buttery and syrupy. I like eating little pancakes, all stacked one on top of the other with layers of syrup and butter in between. They are not something I make on a regular basis, however, because it's tricky to make pancakes for one. I like to make them with an egg, and when you do that, you get a lot of batter. It's enough pancakes for lots of people. And I can't let excess batter go to waste, so I end up eating as many pancakes as I can, thus making me sick.

I suppose I could have forgone the chicken casserole for supper. However, I was quite proud of it (I made it from scratch with no recipe) and I was really looking forward to eating it. It would have been okay to eat tomorrow, but it's Ash Wednesday, and I'm not supposed to eat meat on that day. I think saving the chicken till Thursday may have been pushing it a little bit. It could have gone into the freezer, I suppose, but that would have required effort on my part, which is not my forté.

In short, although it was Pancake Day, I did not eat pancakes, and I am sad about it. Not sad enough that it ruins my day, but sad enough to make you read about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home