It's all good.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Gold for Gushue

Another proud moment for Canada today as Brad Gushue, Mark Nichols, Russ Howard, Jamie Korab and Mike Adam win gold in men's curling. Have I mentioned that I love curling? This is the team I cheered for all week when I went to the Olympic Trials in December. Mark Nichols is the man. He was on fire this afternoon, or that's what I have heard. I still haven't seen the whole game yet. I spent the afternoon parked in front of the computer at work, following the game on the internet. As soon as I was able, I *ran* out of the building, hopped into my car, and sped home. I ended up seeing the last two rocks and the splendid post-victory festivities. For me, this is as good (if not better) than hockey gold.

Congratulations also to the women for bringing home a bronze medal! They had a tough time this week, and I'm very proud of their perseverance.

I had originally planned to go home this weekend. After all, the ECMA's are in town, and I haven't seen my home peeps for a while. However, I'm still struggling with post-trip fatigue and the lingering effects of my cold. So, I'm staying here this weekend, much to my chagrin. The upside: lots of rest. The downside: lack of human contact. Plus, I hate missing important happenings, like my brother's band (My Compliments) performing at the 72 hour jam (Sunday, 7:50 p.m.). Moo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home