It's all good.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

La di da la di da

Tonight I went to choir practice for the first time in two weeks. I had to miss it last week because I was sick, and the week before that I was on my trip to you know where. It was great to be back. We are finally singing some new songs, having been working on the same four songs since January. Not that I didn't like the songs, but it's nice to have variety.

Our choir director is from Sweden, so we sing a lot of Swedish songs. My Swedish is getting quite good now, actually. We are also singing a song in Finnish, which I find tremendously exciting. As I was driving to choir tonight, I was thinking that I want to go to Finland to visit. This was mainly brought by watching Canada vs. Finland in the Olympic gold medal curling game, and, to a lesser extent, by watching Sweden and Finland in the gold medal hockey game (I'll stop talking about the Olympics soon, I promise). It was a really interesting language to listen to. To my uneducated ear, it sounds like "gobolydobolydubuly". Sort of like Swedish, in a way, but less melodic. I also like Finland's flag. Plus, it's fun to say "Finland".

Some of our other choir songs are full of "la di da di da" sounds. One is Swedish, and another is Swedish, but written in an African style. They are very fun to sing, but "la di da's" can get confusing after a while. It messes with my mind, sort of like saying the same word over and over again.

I also must add that this seems like the longest work week ever. Two whole days before the weekend. I don't know if I can take it.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Finland would be cool to visit too. The only thing is, they eat a lot of fish there. Like a LOT. Yuck.

 
At 5:12 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Ooh, I didn't know about the fish. I may have to rethink this idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home