It's all good.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Shopping karma

What's the prescription for a crappy work week? Retail therapy!

After watching Alberta's Kevin Martin lose the 3-4 Brier playoff to Nova Scotia's Mark Dacey, I headed out for some shopping to soothe my soul.

My goal: a new spring coat and possibly curtains.

My purchases: New sheets for my bed, a spaghetti measurer, and very cool fabric to cover the seat of my phone bench.

What can I say? Sometimes, the best shopping happens when you're not looking for something. Do you think I could find a spring coat? Well, to be truthful, I haven't decided what colour of coat I want (black? beige? green? blue?), so shopping is kinda tricky at this point.

I'm relatively pleased with my new sheets. They are meant to go with my new blue duvet cover that I have had for months. It was waiting for new sheets. Plus, I'm very attached to my old duvet cover. I tend to develop strong attachments to objects in my bed, like pillows, teddy bears, mattresses, etc. I have great difficulty letting go of these things. Anyway, the new sheets are on my bed, as is the new duvet cover. Now my bed feels foreign to me.

Maybe I'll go back to my old duvet cover.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just need to give yourself time to get used to them and then you'll be attached to the new things and won't want to give them up either.

 
At 11:40 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Rosey, I tried. For about five minutes, I tried.

Today I took back the pillowcases and flat sheet. I kept the fitted sheet. And the new duvet cover is still on.

Baby steps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home